How to maintain a mechanical watch movement
Watches are one of the essential tools in our lives. Many people have the habit of wearing watches for travel. Among the watches, mechanical watches are the most valuable. Mechanical watches are more careful than quartz watches in use, especially the movement of mechanical watches. Today, the watch house will introduce to you how to maintain the mechanical watch movement!
wear normally to avoid vibration
There is a proper amount of activity to make it continue to wind and run normally (the wearer may walk slowly when the amount of activity is small, this is a normal phenomenon. Please rotate the crown 20-30 times when you use it for the first time, so that the mainspring is initially wound ). Although the watch is shockproof, it is easy to break the tip of the pendulum shaft or the journal of the gear train when the external impact is strong, and the vibration of the fast and slow needles can affect the time. Under the range of economic capacity, it is better to have two or three watches. Replacement in daily life: wear a mechanical watch during static activities, and a quartz watch when engaged in sports. This will help extend the service life of the watch.
Although the watch is made of non-magnetic materials that are not easily magnetized, it is greatly affected by the magnetic field when traveling, such as the magnetic buckle on the TV, the radio speaker, the backpack or the purse
Try not to take your watch to swim or wash your clothes. Once it rains or gets wet, you should not pull out the crown to adjust the watch, but dry it immediately. The sea water is even more untouchable. Even if the waterproof watch is indicated, it can only have one year of waterproof protection, because the watch's waterproof ring will be worn out after a whole year of wear and tear, coupled with various unavoidable external factors such as sweat and dust, so after one year It must be replaced with a new waterproof ring, otherwise it will not have the waterproof function. Since the crown head is relatively protruding, try to avoid it from being bumped. Also, pay attention to the gap between the crown head and the case. If it is too small, it will affect the operation, while it will affect the waterproof performance and is not beautiful.
Generally speaking, 3~5 years of oil sludge washing is determined by the following factors: ①The sealing problem of the watch ②The degree of wearing of the watch (the degree of wear) ③Quartz watches can extend the oil washing cycle ④Men's watches or pocket watches can be relatively thin Or women's watch has a long oil wash cycle
Long-term non-use of the watch
Do not place it in a suitcase with mothballs or hygienic balls, it will cause the oil to deteriorate, and the time of the watch will be inaccurate. It is wound or worn every month to ensure flexible internal activities.
1. Special remind everyone that any watch should not be worn in warm water or bathroom, even if your watch is waterproof, because the sealing roll rubber of the watch is easy to age when heated, and the water vapor molecules around are relatively small, which can easily penetrate into the case. , Causing internal mechanical damage.
2. If the watch is abnormal, it should be sent to a special watch shop for inspection immediately.
3. The mechanical automatic watch must be in the condition of sufficient activity, that is, it must be worn for more than 10 hours a day before it can operate normally.
4. Different watches should be worn on different occasions. For example, it is best to choose a sports watch with excellent waterproof and shock resistance when exercising.
5. If there is a watch labeled WATER RESESTENT or 3ATM on the watch cover, it is generally only suitable for water spray or light rain under no pressure.
6. Since the internal mechanical structure of each watch is different, under normal use, the error of a mechanical watch or a mechanical automatic watch is within 30 seconds per day (this standard is promulgated by the national ministries and commissions), while the quartz watch’s The error is lower and more accurate.